Punch Announces Lover’s Rock Monologues Tour 2016
Celebrating Black History Month 2016, Punch Records present three living legends who transformed the sound of UK Reggae. The Lover’s Rock Monologues brings the sound of timeless music across the UK this October-November.
Lovers Rock icons Janet Kay, Carroll Thompson and Victor Romero Evans come together to celebrate its golden years. Fusing timeless music and theatrical storytelling, the Lover’s Rock Monologues gives the audience a humorous and realistic account of the Lover’s Rock lifestyle highlighting the fashion, attitudes and influences of the time.
Born in London, Lover’s Rock defined a generation in the late 70’s and 80’s and is a huge, influential sub-genre of reggae; it gave women a voice in the traditionally male dominated realm of reggae. Following a three-year successful run, the hit-show Lover’s Rock Monologues brings the sound and stories of timeless music from the 80’s into your local theatre.
Lover’s Rock Monologues
- Friday 21st October – Lawrence Batley Theatre, Huddersfield
- Saturday 22nd October – The Rep Theatre, Birmingham
- Friday 28th October – 2 Funky Music Café, Leicester
- Sunday 30th October – Band On The Wall, Manchester
- Monday 31st October – Millfield Theatre, London
- Wednesday 2nd November – Norwich Arts Centre, Norwich
Find out more:
- Website: www.loversrockmonologues.com | www.punch-records.co.uk
- Twitter: @punchrecords | @janetkaymusic | @ | @supavicvre