ENTER The New Media Writing Prize Deadline Monday November 25th 2013
The New Media Writing prize encourages and promotes the best in new media writing, and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling. In the past three years the NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field.
To enter they require good storytelling (fiction or non-fiction) written specifically for delivery and reading/viewing on a PC or Mac, the web, or a hand-held device such as an iPad or mobile phone. It could be a short story, novel, documentary or poem using words, images, film or animation with audience interaction. Interactivity is a key element of new-media storytelling.
Try to be imaginative to create an engaging story i.e. combining any number of media elements, such as words on a screen combined with images and video clips. New media writing can be created using a variety of tools i.e. a word processor, DV camera, social networking tools (i.e. Twitter), mobile phone/s, a scanner – anything goes!
DO NOT submit a story/poem which you can upload to a web page or place on a disc. Or screens of words uploaded to your blog and no slideshows of photos uploaded to Flickr or videos uploaded to YouTube.
There are three categories/prizes -
- Overall Winner: £1000 donated by if:book UK
- Student Winner: a 3-month work placement at leading e-learning company Unicorn Training, in Dorset, UK.
- People’s Choice: voted for by the public, prize of £250
- There will also be substantial media coverage of the Award, and winners will be given full acknowledgement in all press releases and related material.
- Deadline November 25th 2013
To enter Click Here